Warning Signs to Look for in Your Teen Girl
- Major changes in her mood or she is easily angered when she wasn’t in the past.
- Negative changes in family relationships (everyone is walking around on pins and needles).
- Grades declining, skipping school (when she previously liked school).
- New friends that are not the best influence and abandoning the better influences.
- Trouble with the law or expulsion from school.
- Disrespectful to authority.
- Loss of direction in life or extreme risk-taking.
- No longer enjoys the wholesome things like sports, hobbies.
- Spends a great deal of time alone, and when home, isolates herself.
- Participation in theft or illegal activities.
- No longer caring what her parents think, or that she will be punished.
As a parent, you should realize how important it is to identify these warning signs as soon as possible. The earlier problems are seen the greater the chance to overcome them. The longer they go on (they won’t correct themselves) the harder it will be to turn it around.