The mission of New Lifehouse Academy, a therapeutic boarding school for girls in Oklahoma, is to see the lives of troubled teen girls transformed and families restored. “Putting Hope Within Reach” is our mission.
All therapeutic boarding schools for girls in Oklahoma, like New Lifehouse Academy, are often the best answer to treating your daughter if she is engaging in problematic behaviors and counseling is not helping. The experience of New Lifehouse staff counselors and the incredible experiences of graduates and their families mirrors this. At this therapeutic boarding school, we have therapy, education, activities, and hands-on skills to turn problematic girls’ lives around.
Though it may seem difficult during such a stressful time, it is frequently ideal that your daughter escapes from their current environment and habits.
Teen girls who enroll in therapeutic boarding schools for girls around their own home area have a bigger chance of abandoning the program early, negating the benefits they might otherwise receive. Enrolling them in a trustworthy, highly supervised school like New Lifehouse Academy, away from home, is essential to properly rehabilitating troubled teenagers.
Warning Signs to Look for in Your Teen Girl
- Major changes in her mood or she is easily angered when she wasn’t in the past.
- Negative changes in family relationships (everyone is walking around on pins and needles).
- Grades declining, skipping school (when she previously liked school).
- New friends that are not the best influence and abandoning the better influences.
- Trouble with the law or expulsion from school.
- Disrespectful to authority.
- Loss of direction in life or extreme risk-taking.
- No longer enjoys wholesome things like sports, hobbies.
- Spends a great deal of time alone, and when home, isolates herself.
- Participation in theft or illegal activities.
- No longer caring what her parents think, or that she will be punished.
As a parent, you should realize how important it is to identify these warning signs as soon as possible. The earlier the problems are seen, the greater the chance to overcome them. The longer they go on (they won’t correct themselves) the harder it will be to turn it around.